UBC is committed to maintaining a safe campus environment. We believe that it is important to advise the community when incidents occur so that individuals can remain alert and make informed decisions about their personal safety.
Two voyeurism incidents occurred at Place Vanier and Totem Park residences between July 9th and 11th, 2015. The RCMP and Campus Security attended the scene but were unsuccessful in locating the suspect. The RCMP continues to investigate these incidents and believe they are linked.
The suspect is described as male in his twenty’s, tall, dark skinned and with short “buzz cut” hair. He was wearing a black collared shirt, khaki pants and, possibly wearing glasses.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact the RCMP at 604-224-1322.
UBC Campus Security operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond immediately to all non-emergency calls (604-822-2222). Please refer to the Campus Security website for further information/updates. www.security.ubc.ca
What are these alerts?
Campus Alerts are issued as part of UBC’s commitment to providing transparent campus crime and safety-related information to the community. The following protocols dictate when an Alert is issued:
- a serious incident has occurred;
- there is a risk of a crime or incident recurring;
- a Campus Security or RCMP investigation will be assisted by bringing forward witnesses and information.
Campus Security would like to remind the campus community of the following safety tips:
- Save the UBC Campus Security phone number into your contacts list (604-822-2222).
- Campus blue phones for emergencies, directions and assistance can be found at many locations on the Vancouver campus, and are available 24/7.
- You don’t have to walk alone after dark; use AMS Safewalk, TransLink shuttles, or call Campus Security.
- Be aware of your surroundings and look out for one another.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel in danger, or witness suspicious activity, call 911 immediately.