UBC is committed to maintaining a safe campus environment. We believe that it is important to advise the community when incidents occur so that individuals can remain alert and make informed decisions about their personal safety.
This is to inform you that there has been an increase in bike thefts reported to Campus Security occurring at various parts of the campus and particularly around the residences.
Please ensure that you always lock your bike using a good quality hardened steel U-Lock.
UBC Campus Security operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond immediately to all community calls at 604-822-2222. Please refer to this website for more information or further updates.
What are these updates?
Safety Updates are issued as part of UBC’s commitment to providing transparent campus crime and safety-related information to the campus community.
Campus Security would like to remind the campus community about the following safety tips:
• Campus blue phones for emergencies, directions and assistance can be found at many locations Vancouver campus, and are available 24/7.
• You don’t have to walk alone after dark, use AMS Safewalk, TransLink shuttles, or call Campus Security.
• Trust your instincts. If you feel in danger, or witness suspicious activity, call 911 immediately.
• Do not leave electronics or expensive personal belongings unattended.
• Write “UBC” and your student number on the inside of your textbooks, cases and ID cards.
• Drivers: Lock all of your valuables in your trunk and leave everything out of sight.
• Cyclists: Use a high quality hardened steel u-lock and ensure it is locked to the frame.