Special Occasions and Workshops

Special occasion licences

A liquor license is required to serve alcohol at any event at UBC. Some locations on campus, such as Pit Pub and University Centre have permanent licenses. To serve alcohol at any other location you must get a temporary liquor license, called a Special Occasion License (SOL), or hire a caterer who is licensed to serve alcohol. If you are planning an event where liquor will be served please visit students.ubc.ca for more information and to book your event.



Would you like to provide your staff a workshop on personal security? We tailor free workshops designed specifically for the needs of your faculty, department, club or group.
We currently provide workshops on personal security and on how to respond in dangerous situations.

Personal security

Topics can include: crime stats and risk on campus, private versus public property and challenging strangers, activating emergency services, campus security programs and campus safety services.

Dealing with potentially aggressive situations

The workshop covers prevention planning, strategies to de-escalate a potentially aggressive situation and tools to support staff if an incident occurs.