Happy Holidays from UBC Campus Security! While you’re out enjoying the hustle and bustle of the holidays, keep these tips in mind for a safe, happy and crime-free season holiday season on campus.
- Close and lock all office and exterior building doors & windows. Arm all intrusion alarms.
- Protect your building and office keys to prevent your workplace from being targeted.
- Turn off office lights and electronic equipment. Illumination can provide visibility of valuable equipment from outside the building, inviting theft.
- Close all blinds and curtains on ground floor windows.
- Securely lock away portable equipment, tools, laptops and external data devices.
- Lock valuable personal property out of sight or take it home.
- Ensure all your data devices are encrypted for security.
- If you’re working late on campus, let someone know, check in regularly or let them know when to expect your return home.
- Download the UBC Safe App! Turn on your push notifications to receive immediate information and updates that are impacting the entire campus.