Working in a secure and safe environment is an important part of a fulfilling work life. Learn about the simple ways you can help maintain the safety and security of your workplace.
Securing your office and workstation
- Before you leave the office, ensure windows and doors in your area are locked. Close all blinds and curtains, especially if valuable equipment are visible through ground-level windows.
- Switch off office lights and electronic equipment. Illumination can provide visibility of valuable equipment from outside the building.
- Valuable personal property should be taken home or locked out of sight.
- Ensure all your data devices are encrypted for security.
Reporting any suspicious activity
- If you witness a crime in progress, call 911 immediately.
- Report any suspicious activity immediately to Campus Security at 604.822.2222 or submit an Incident Report.