Campus Security is available by request for special events on the UBC Vancouver campus where safety and security coverage are required.
To request security for access (lock/unlock), event security, and or special check/patrol, please complete the ‘Request for Security form‘ at the end of this page.
Event organizers wishing to hold special events that require additional security assessments should contact Campus Security at least 5-days prior to the event, and will be required to fund additional Campus Security officers as required. Our team will work with you to determine additional steps.
For more information on organizing an event on campus, visit UBC Ceremonies & Events.
- Please request for Campus Security a minimum of five working days prior to your event.
- The request must be confirmed by Campus Security.
- Any changes to the original request must be a minimum of five working days’ notice.
- Provide details on whether Campus Security is required to remain at the event or only provide access and lock-up for the event. Written authorization for Campus Security not to remain onsite must be sent to our office prior to the event.
Building access and lock-up only
- Campus Security cannot allow access to UBC buildings without proper authorization in writing (fax, email, campus mail, etc.) from the Faculty/Department administrator, UBC Facilities Manager, or UBC Project Manager prior to the event.
- To provide access and lock-up only for your event, please contact Campus Security once you arrive and prior to leaving. You must wait for a Campus Security member to arrive to lock up before you leave.
- All alarmed premises require Campus Security to remain while people are on the premises.
Written authorization for Campus Security not to remain onsite
Please indicate that the alarm owner will send authorization for Campus Security not to remain onsite by sending written authorizations to:
- Harley Sandhu, Operations Supervisor: 604.827.2058
- Rey Atienza, Operations Supervisor: 604.822.3793
- Sammy Lam, Assistant Operations Manager: 604.822.3509
For questions, please contact Sammy Lam, Assistant Operations Manager.
Request for Campus Security
Request for Security formTo request security for access (lock/unlock), event security, and or special check/patrol, please complete this form. Campus Security will be in touch with you once the request has been received and reviewed. Please contact Campus Security a minimum of 5 working days prior to your event. Thank you!
Please note: As of April 1, 2022, the hourly rate for Security Request is $72 for requests made 5 or more business days’ notice, and $92 for requests made 3 or less business days’ notice. The cost is $55 per special check or patrol, and basic access and lock-up is $25, or $55 if less than 2 business days’ notice. Security Service requests with three or less days’ notice, may not be filled due to resources constraints and conflicting priorities.
Campus Security’s cancellation policy: If you wish to cancel your event security, request must be made at least 3 business days prior to your event and a cancellation fee of $25 will apply. Any cancellation notices made within 3 business days to your event will result in cancellation fee of four hours per security personnel scheduled plus a fee of $25. Any cancelled notices made within 24 hours to your event will result in a cancellation fee for the entire cost of requested security services plus a fee of $25. For short notice cancellations, 3 business days or less, if Campus Security can redeploy the scheduled security personnel, only a cancellation fee of $25 will apply.