January 9 to 13, 2023 is Safety Awareness Week. Start the new year off right by learning how to keep yourself and the UBC community safe and secure on campus.
During Safety Awareness Week, visit UBC Campus Security’s booths across UBC Vancouver campus to learn about theft prevention and helpful safety and security tips.
On Wednesday, January 11, 2023, stop by the booth at University Commons for some treats and get to know some of our community partners, including RCMP, Transit Police, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO), ICBC, Crimestoppers, Health and Wellness, and UBC Campus & Community Planning (C+CP).
- Monday, January 9 (12:00 pm–3:00 pm) at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
- Tuesday, January 10 (7:30 am–10:30 am) outside Aquatic Centre
- Wednesday January 11 (11:00am–3:00 pm) at University Commons (University Boulevard & East Mall)
- Thursday, January 12 (7:30 am–10:30 am) outside Aquatic Centre
- Friday, January 13 (12:00 pm–3:00 pm) at Student Recreation Centre
Don’t forget to also download the UBC Safe Vancouver app and turn on push notifications to receive timely updates and urgent notifications. The UBC Safe App is free and recommended for UBC students, faculty, staff and campus visitors.