Campus Security welcomes all students, faculty, and staff to the start of the new Academic school year! September 18-22, 2023 is Safety Awareness Week. Let’s start the year off right by learning how to keep yourself and the UBC community safe and secure on campus.
During this week, visit UBC Campus Security’s information booths across various locations on the UBC Vancouver campus to learn about theft prevention and helpful safety and security tips.
- Monday, September 18 (9:00 am-12:00 pm / 1:00-4:00 pm) at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre / UBC Student Recreation Centre
- Tuesday, September 19 (10:00 am-2:00 pm) at the Life Building
- Wednesday, September 20 (11:00am–3:00 pm) at University Commons (Outside the AMS Student Nest and Alumni Centre)
- Thursday, September 21 (10:00 am-2:00 pm) outside Martha Piper Fountain
- Friday, September 22 (10:00 am-2:00 pm) at Lee Square (Outside the UBC Bookstore)
On Wednesday, September 20, 2023, stop by the information booth at University Commons for some treats and get to know some of our community partners, including RCMP, Transit Police, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO), ICBC, Crimestoppers, Health and Wellness, and UBC Campus & Community Planning (C+CP). Can’t make it to Wednesday, check out some of our information booth locations below:
Don’t forget to also download the UBC Safe Vancouver app and turn on push notifications to receive timely updates and urgent notifications. The UBC Safe App is free and recommended for UBC students, faculty, staff and campus visitors.